So, after living here for a little over 2 months….here is my newest version of
Things I love about Oklahoma
- People. Seriously. We have felt so warmly welcome here, and not just by our neighbors. People here are genuine. Always ready for a conversation, always kind.
- The pace of life. A bit slower. A bit more realistic.
- green- it is so green here right now!
- thunderstorms- awesome. Scary sometimes but awesome none the less.
- the smell of the hay meadow when it is raining
- our teenage neighbor who mows our lawn
- our new babysitter
- watching my kids go scootering off down our street- knowing they are safe
- the wildflowers
- every doctor we have seen so far- so kind…never in a rush
- Irma's burgers
- Sonic Happy Hour (1/2 price drinks from 2-4)
- Pop's Ice
- my drive to anywhere. Serious- no traffic and beautiful
- the availability of things to do
- the variety of birds that sing in our trees. A concert.
- multitudes of stars
- the way the hay sways in the wind
- the beauty of horses at sunset
- the longhorn bull farm (yes, I think that was in my first one, but I still love them)
- our vet
- the kids in the late afternoon sunlight