They weren't kidding when they wrote that lyric!
Hello! We are here, computer set up, beds put together, lots of boxes unpacked and lots to go.
So far, things I have found out about living in Oklahoma…
- it is really windy
- the air is very sweet smelling, fresh and clean
- I never imagined I could love a hay meadow so much
- there is a small creek (ok, uh drainage) that is accross the street and down a little hill that the kids love exploring. They named it the Cliff of Doom.
- Fenway loves to go outside, but doesn't run away.
- thunderstorms are really beautiful and impressive
- and very scary when you are the only adult in the house at 2 am.
- thank the Lord for DirecTV and wireless.
- everyone is so friendly
- everyone looks at us like we have 2 heads when we say we have moved here from CA
- kinda the same way everyone looked at us in CA when we said we were moving to OK
- my husband ADORES his new job
- he is cute when he ADORES things
- I miss everyone at home at times so much I ache
- the kids are doing pretty well- we have had a few weep sessions, but they really are great.
- I am so proud of them
- We tried 2 churches. Eh. One had earplugs outside the door in case the music was too loud.
- the music was too loud.
- plus they had movie type seats with cup holders.
- this house is becoming home
- it is so beautiful it takes my breath away
- our neighborhood is great
- kids can ride their bikes, scooters, walk all over
- the stars are the brightest I have seen in a long time
- so is the moon
- there is NOTHING like a sunset over the hills in OK- really! (Jeannie was right)
- the drive to the market and the kids school includes a trip past a long-horn bull farm. It is now my very favorite drive ever.
- I love my bed.
- God has been so good to us I can't see straight.
- Cows are cute.