Sarah, a sweet woman whose blog I lurk on every day, had a great Christmas Meme! Please take part- do this one. Fun- and let me know in the comments if you do.
1. Egg nog or Hot Chocolate?
Um, neither. If you forced me, Hot Chocolate. With TONS of whup (as Sammy calls it) cream.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
In our home, Santa fills the stockings. The gifts are wrapped in very special Santa paper. There are no gifts under the tree from Santa.
3. Colored or White lights?
White lights all the way. Michael has a strange phobia about colored lights….
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope….don’t need it. ; )
5. When do you decorate for Christmas?
We usually start now, at the beginning of December- the Family room is all decked out aside from our tree.
6. Favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert?
Well, we started a tradition about 6 years ago on Christmas Eve with some neighbors…and we have honey baked ham, belgian waffles with whipped cream and strawberries for dinner. YUM!!!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Sleeping all in one room listening to KBIG which played Christmas songs for 24 hours. Going to Church on Christmas eve and singing with only candles. It still gives me chills. Being with my sisters. Awesome.
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was 7 or 8 when I caught my mom with the gifts.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
Michael and I have our own little Christmas tradition on Christmas Eve. We open our gifts to each other that night alone. It is sweet and romantic and so fun.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ummm, kid friendly. Nothing fussy or too breakable. We let them take over. I do use bows to fill in some bare spots, but really simple.
11. Snow, love it or hate it?
12. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes, two years ago, Michael (with help from Amy) found my out of print favorite Children’s book, Katie goes to Camp. I LOVE it. That was the best.
13. Most important thing about the holidays?
Teaching my children about the true meaning of Christmas. Celebrating the birth of Jesus.
14. Favorite Holiday Dessert?
Um, I like Apple Pie.
15. Favorite Holiday Tradition?
Our Church has Christmas Eve at the pier in Manhattan Beach. It is beautiful. We read the passage in Luke about the birth of Jesus, we sing songs and it is all candlelit. All while the sound of the ocean is below us and the stars are above us. The kids eyes are always shining and it is really really sweet to me.
16. What is your tree topper?
A simple silver star from Ikea.
17. Do you like giving or receving better?
Courtney??? LOL, love language is by far GIVING.
18. Favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night , It’s Beginning to look alot like Christmas, Breath of Heaven, All I Really Want for Christmas.
19. Candy Cane, Yuck or Yum?
I like the taste, they are too messy though.
Go ahead Y’all!!!