Sandra over at Diary of a SAHM did a really YUMMY enchilada recipe today, so here is my Chicken Enchilada slow cooker recipe!!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
3-4 lb. Chicken
1 medium onlion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. oil
10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
10 oz. can green enchilada sauce
4.5 0z. can peeled, diced green chiles
20 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Boil Chicken. Shred meat and discard bones and skin.
2. Saute onion in oil in saucepan until it becomes transulsent. Stir in soups, sour cream, green enchilada sauce, and chiles, heat until warm.
3. Tear tortillas into bite sized pieces.
4. Layer half of sauce, chicken, tortillas, and cheese in a slow cooker, alternating layers. Repeat, ending with cheese and sauce.
5. Cover, Cook on low 5-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
Jenny : )